The Calm before the Storm

The Calm. . .
Logan and Livy had a fabulous time coloring chalk, playing with Sugar, their dog, playing restaurant (with real food) and putting on a concert for us. They were so cute dressed alike and having so much fun.The boys were determined to find frogs, snakes and snapping turtles. Needless to say we ended up at the pet store later this afternoon. Noah bought a fish that Caleb is so kindly raising for him safely in GR. Noah named it Baits because when we asked the lady at the store about the goldfish she said they usually don't live too long and are fed to other fish. Noah saved this fish's life and I just wanted it to live until we left for home.
The Storm. . .
I was in the kitchen getting coffee feeling so thankful that everyone was having such a great time and said out loud, "Isn't it great that everyone is so healthy?" I think within the hour I was feeling off, couldn't describe it or explain why I felt yucky. I even asked Amanda what a hangover felt like. I have never had one, she has (years ago and she's forgiven!!) and my two drinks the night before didn't give me a buzz, let alone a hangover. I just felt yuck. Fast forward a couple hours. . .

1:00 Carrie puking
1:30 Landin puking
4:00 Olivia puking
5:00 Carrie throwing kids in the van and heading home, still very pukey
5:30 Carrie calls Gary because she doesn't know if she can drive 3 more hours
6:00 Gary and Jim head north on 69 to save me
7:00 My knights in shining armor meet me and Gary drive us home, Jim drives Gary's jeep.
8:15 Home and in bed
12:00 am Caleb puking

So as it stands today, Amanda's three kids and I all were hit hard by this illness and now we are trying hard to figure out the source. Was it Isaiah??? Or the Children's museum with the yucky toddler germs that Amanda went to on Wednesday? Was it something we ate?? My kids haven't been hit yet. It is baffling!!!!

Comments

Amanda Greene said…
See we did have fun...great pics. When's the next get together "puke free" please :) ?
Amanda Greene said…
btw, baits is doing well...he's in the tank w/ caleb's fish. watch he'll live to your next visit.
Deborah said…
oh, my! how sweet of gary to come get you. i am so sorry everyone got sick. i also loved the easter post. what a sweet neighbor you have.

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived