The Mini Marathon

Deborah Pasko, Dara Syswerda and Me (Traci Falder in spirit)
This was not only the big race day, but today is also my blogging anniversary, ONE YEAR!! Just a side note there but I have loved blogging and it is so wonderful to have a year journaled with things my kids had said and done that I would normally forget.
Our small group runners: Mark and Christa Sieglin, Dara, and Me

I was so thrilled with this years mini experience, what fun and great memories. Deborah, Dara and I went out to dinner, shopped for Under Armour and spent the night in a hotel down town Indy. We woke up early, ate our breakfast, wearily followed the Garmin to the race site ( I have issues with my GPS, a true love/hate relationship) and easily found our corrals, all ready to run. Deborah and I took our Sport Beans (jelly beans) with water 30 minutes before the start looking forward to the extra energy they would provide us throughout the run. Little did we know that as a result of those silly little beans, Deborah would run nauseous the ENTIRE race and she now is my HERO!!! Although this sickness slowed us down a bit, we still ran a great pace and I am so proud of Deborah for sticking it out. She was so sick, puking just feet from the finish line and found herself sick for the next two days. Poor Deborah. We bonded on the way home as she was dry heaving and begging me to pull over every other exit, just joking we only stopped twice. I am looking forward to running with Deborah again, minus the beans and the time spent training her was so special to me. Thanks Deborah, I couldn't have done it without you!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived