Celebrating Noah's 8th Birthday

Escapades
What is better than friends, balls, tunnels and slides for 5 active boys? I can't come up with anything either. Yesterday we picked up a few of Noah's friends and headed to Muncie to play, and they played hard. This is the exact place Noah chose to go for his 7th birthday but hadn't been back for a year. The funny thing was when he asked me if he could have his party there this year, he asked if the man who played tag and chased them last year would be there again. (Gary wasn't willing to take off work to play tag, even though Noah asked him to.) The boys had hours of fun playing tag themselves and everyone had a wonderful time.
This morning Noah woke up and had chocolate chip pancakes, a real treat in our house!! On the birthday schedule was a movie with Dad, really he was the chauffeur because Conner and Bailey were going to be there. Dinner at Sonic, (Noah's choice) and home for a family party, just us.
FYI: No one ordered the Double Patty Melts
Can you believe this? I think of the part in Kung Fu Panda when they find Po stuck in the splits, although Logan isn't stuck she is just showing us her "trick."
Noah requested a soccer ball cake and I aim to please when it comes to birthdays. My first answer was that we had already had a soccer party, but Noah reminded me that I only made cupcakes that year. (a shortcut for mom) So I redeemed myself this year. Happy Birthday Buddy, I can't believe your 8, I am OK with that but like I told you before you went to bed tonight, please don't let in be 18 someday. You are growing up so fast. I am so very proud of who you are and you are an amazing brother to Logan and Isaiah. I always wanted to have an older brother and I wanted him to be just like you. May God use you and your talents to glorify him and may you seek to follow Jesus all the days of your life. All my love, Mommy

Comments

Kristin said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said…
Happy Birthday Noah! I love that you and Conner can share these birthday memories.

Logan-totally impressive splits!

Oh-and the 20 question game is both amazing and freaky that it can guess correctly with the questions it asks (such as, does it bring joy to people...?)

We love you guys!
The Raikes' gang...

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived