Palm Desert BABY

Rest, relaxation, laugh, shop and shop somemore about sums up our 3 1/2 days in California. We flew in and within minutes we headed for the hot tub, drinks in hand. It was a long day of travel but so fun to finally be with the girls, Laurie and Amanda.

This was our view each morning as we started the days lazily drinking coffee.
The first morning Laurie had an appointment with Andie to get her colors done. I annoy my friends with my color wheel in hand as I shop for clothes trying to stay in my light iridescent summer color palette but I absolutely LOVE knowing my colors and LOVE wearing them even more. It was Laurie's turn to join the club of colors and she is IN. She made it through the hours of initiation(shopping), looking for the exact colors and nothing else and is anxiously awaiting her color wheel in the mail. Off to the country club for the most delicious lunch! Amanda's mom, Mrs. Landin joined us this first day for colors, lunch and then of course shopping.
Heading out to dinner to PF Changs.
Surprise, surprise, Shopping.
Our last moments together to get some sun at the airport. Nice look, Amanda.

My girl's weekend, no matter where we go, is one of the things I long to do each year with Laurie and Amanda who are truly my soul mates and like sisters. I feel renewed and energized, (despite the jet lag), and can laugh out loud just thinking of our time together. Alkaline water, toxic dumping, toxic gas, dead battery, cell phone left overnight at Target in a purse that wasn't purchased, texting BABY whenever it fit, laughing in the dressing room about things that didn't fit, hot tubbing Bachelor style, watching Friday Night Lights with Laur while Amanda made comments, Miss Blackberry and her "techy" skills, the fact we all packed running shoes and never used them, Logan's comment when I called home, "Mom, come home immediately, daddy's is trying his best." And much, much more. Girls I love you and can't wait to get Girl's Weekend 2010 planned out in Utah!!! They are only going to get better over the years, but this one will be hard to top.

Comments

I LOVE YOU TOO!!! Now go suck on a battery and get a new dang cell phone!!!

What an amazing time. I'm so glad you didn't put that picture of me in my swimsuit where my leg looking like a slab of Shamoo.

You are my soulmate sister! Thank you for your bare bones honesty and encouragement.

Also for loving me despite my shopping retardedness.
Amanda Greene said…
I read it! Ha. Can I just "copy and paste" into my reatarded blog? :)

It was so much fun and I laughed reading what you wrote...great memories...

xo
Wow! I think that your journaling skills are improving. Or maybe its because you had such great subject matter to write about. Glad you had so much fun.

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived