You know you live in a small town when. . .

an email goes out saying the praire will be burned today at 5 and the whole town shows up to watch the excitement. It is big time fun and my kids were bummed they missed it last year so today we arrived first and were the last to leave. Yes, I love my life in Upland!!! So simple, we are blessed to raise our children in such a place. Below: Isaiah eagerly awaits the "Sire" (fire)
Above: Jody, Beth, Deborah and Kristin, we were the early birds anxiously waiting.

Other possible answers to "You know you live in a small town when. . ." When the bank calls you and tells you the babysitter just cashed her $20 check and the check bounced but they went ahead and gave her the money. The bank lady called to let me know to transfer money so I wouldn't get a fine. OR when a plastic bag of electronic items show up in your mailbox with a sticky note saying, "I think Gary left this at the post office, you might want it back." OR when the highlight/treat of the day is a Polar Pop from Circle K. Yes, I do so love living in Upland!!

Comments

so funny,i just ready your post and realized i misspelled a few words...now I have to go change it. I thought about taking that some "twist" myself...wierd
missy said…
this is so cute! you do have a sweet life there in little upland, don't ya?
so fun... are we ever going to get to talk on the phone again?
Kristin said…
Carrie- that is hilarious. Only in Upland, huh? I love sharing this small town life with you and your family!
Deborah Pasko said…
oh, that blog post made me laugh! so glad to be introduced to the small town stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived