The Flip Flop Girl

I read a book titled the Flip Flop Girl when I was getting my master's degree years ago, the title seemed to perfectly fit this post about my little girl, who I think I fall in love with more and more each day!! Yesterday afternoon we were in Muncie preparing to potty train and on a mission for Lightning McQueen underware. (I keep saying panties, I must stop) We were at Kohls and Noah found some flip flops for cheap, under $3 and picked the sports looking ones. Well Logan ran to the Flip flop display for little girls and this is the conversation that followed. .

L: Oh, Mommy, these are adorable shoes, what number do I wear.

Me: 11/12. Logan, you really don't need flip flops, you are wearing some on your feet and these are a lot more money than Noah's.

L: But mommy, these would be perfect for July. (they were all Fourth of July colored)

Me: Logan, you have black ones already.

L: Mommy, (hands go on the hips) Black is not even a color.

Me: Oh, Loggy. (trying not to laugh and knowing right then I will be buying her flip flops and now am thinking how to tell Gary I bought more accessories)

L: Oh thank you mommy, I love them.

Logan starting pulling every style off the rack and trying them on with happy squeals as each new pair fit. She was so precious!! She doesn't put on an "act" this is who she is. Too much.

After I put Logan to bed I checked on her about 10 minutes later and she was lying on her back with her hands behind her head. I sat on the edge of her bed asked, "What are you thinking about? Swimming lessons?" Logan says with the cutest smile, "my flip flops."

Fast forward 5 hours, the middle of the night as she rolls over in my bed (Gary is out of town). Logan says to me, "Mommy, I keep dreaming about my flip flops."

Needless to say, the shoes were worth every penny and Logan is one special little girl. Who can be so excited about flip flops??? Logan Danielle.

Comments

Sara said…
Tell Logy I LOVE flip-flops too! I just got two new fun pairs. One with giant flowers over my toes and one decorated with beads. :) I will have them at the lake, so have her bring her's and we'll compair! I am so looking forward to us all being together!!! :)
tell logan she is a girl after my own heart...
ZFam said…
what a girl! i love it!

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived