Garage Sale

Desirae, Beth and Kristin working the cash box. (Kristin trying to appear shorter than she really is.) Traci, Erica and I are not pictured but were the others included in the sale.

As I write I am exhausted and I ask myself, "Is it worth it?" Having a garage sale is A LOT of work and if I would divide the money I make by the hours I put into getting ready, purging my house, pricing, setting up, etc. it wouldn't be worth it so I don't figure out that little equation. Instead, I LOVE having garage sales for the following reasons: 1. My mom did them when I was little and I have great memories of eating doughnuts for breakfast, being allowed to collect money when I got a little older, getting lunch at Smokehouse, and hanging out with my childhood best friend Jenny while our moms worked the sale. 2. Anything I put in the sale I am so sick of and don't want, so to get ANY money for my junk is a bonus because I am ready to trash it all. I just pack up what is left at the end of the sale and take it to the Helping Hand. 3. I do love hanging out with my friends!!! It is so fun to spend an entire day or two with them and this is my third time having a garage sale with the same women. The pattern seems to be a spring sale and then the town rummage. I hope this tradition continues for many more years.

We had so much stuff!!! From the picture you can't even see the large section to the right and the electronics section I was standing in to take the picture. Yes, I said electronics section, Dez our resident retail gal is so wonderful about keeping us organized and all day long is moving things to the appropriate section. Home decor, kitchen, Christmas/holiday, kids clothes, adult clothes, greenery, bed and bath, etc. It is a gift she has and it is very entertaining to watch her work. I don't think I ever saw her sit down. I had so much fun today and laughed a lot. So I ask again, "Is it worth it?" YES!!! My time with my friends is worth every second. Love you all ladies and will see you bright and early for another day of selling our crap. Excuse my language, I actually love your crap and ended up with something from each of you today. Thanks.

Comments

Traci said…
I love this post! And I love the pictures of my purse you sent me even more!
Kristin said…
Not to be egocentric, but could I look dorkier? In an attempt 'not to stick out' as the towering taller friend, I now TOTALLY stick out! I got a good laugh!
Amanda Greene said…
oh my word. it looks like a whole neighborhood sale. i'm sure those who attended got some good deals too. wish i was w/ you. :)
a.
Love it! Thanks for the laughs. Can't I just copy your blog word for word and post it at my sight. It's perfect and exactly what I would say....except for eating at the smokehouse and the BF jenny that is.....
dezandheath said…
Now that everything is packed up and I have a few extra bucks in my pocket I can say that it was fun! (in a strange "my back is aching and my feet are sore" sort of way. It was alot of fun hanging out with everyone and I'll be happy to host the rummage again in the fall!!

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived