Onion Rings

Today I tried to relive a piece of my past. I have the fondest memories of family friends coming over in the summer for homemade onion rings and frozen nectarine drinks. I was reminiscing about this one time when I was with my sister and she recently bought me a deep fat fryer. So today we made onion rings. My mom (pictured above) and dad and Amy and Jamison came today for the weekend. Needless to say, many things went wrong starting with not having enough oil and having to run to the store, and my timing of how long this process would take was a bit off, ok WAY OFF. Everyone was a good sport, we ate in shifts and I think everyone had a good meal and fun. Our dear neighbor Dorothy joined us for dinner, we love having her over to be part of our family. Round two of onion ring making will take place tomorrow nightThis is "Miss Dorothy" as we call her. My kids LOVE her and she means a lot to our family. Noah has enjoyed reading to Dorothy consistently over the winter, although I learned he was motivated to go because Miss Dorothy had yummy treats. One time he came home asking if I had ever had ginger oil? I was confused thinking of the fish oil that Amanda gives her kids until it hit me that he was talking about Ginger Ale. I think Miss Dorothy really has a special place in Noah's heart.
This is my sister and her husband, Amy and Jay. (Drinking good wine and bad beer, the joke of the evening)

The night ended with us sitting around chatting. It was great "therapy" as Amy led the session. We covered a wide variety of topics and the night ended with Dad looking at his laptop, the discussion was a bit much for him. Love you Dad and Happy Birthday. Tonight we had a mini celebration and my dad opened presents. Yesterday was his birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived