Memorial Day Fun

I am declaring today Memorial Day and we celebrated the holiday outside ALL day knowing that it is supposed to be raining all day tomorrow. The guys skipped church and went golfing, (actually they attended Fairways Baptist and heard a delightful sermon from Pastor Bogey.) Jamison said it was golfing 101 for him. My dad had made him golf clubs for Christmas and Jay took the plastic off them this morning. Gary was just happy to be on the course on such a beautiful day. Noah also missed church due to a fever he has been fighting since Friday afternoon and tonight we took him to the Dr. because I was worried he might have strep. Negative. Wait it out. Crap, there went 35 bucks and a lot of gas to Muncie. But, I do have peace of mind knowing that it isn't strep. We had a great day and packed it full. We are also quite tired and sunburned.
Isaiah is showing signs of loving sports more and more. Golf is the sport of choice right now. Gary was helping Isaiah hit balls in the yard yesterday and Isaiah would laugh every time they hit it. Today he was on his own. His technique is poor, looking more like hockey than golf but he is highly motivated and we will be working on his form. Check out the plaid shorts and collared shirt, at least he knows how to dress for the snooty sport.
Hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of fun. The kids love it when Gary jumps with them. Gary is a big kid himself!!! I try to join the kids once in a while but have issues, due to three babies, limiting my trampoline time. I am too young to wear Depends!
Round Two: We attempted onion rings again OUTSIDE. Gary said I was NEVER allowed to cook them in the house again as he was gagging yesterday and on the verge of "horping," a word Gary uses often when talking of onions and butt peppers (green peppers). Anyway, I did a little onion ring research last night and found that bread crumbs is the secret ingredient. We were more successful today and they really tasted good. Although I feel so greasy and unhealthy tonight. (That is my polite way of saying I feel fat and gross due to the large amount of fried food I devoured today, but I didn't want to annoy anyone reading this.)
I am still challenged in the area of cropping my pictures. I plan to crop the last two but Gary isn't home and when I tried I was able to crop them but they were about 2 inches big. Who knows. I will switch the pictures out when I get it all worked out.

Comments

Is that a polite way of saying that you pee in your pants when you jump on the tramp? Just checking.

Wish we had that weather - ours sucks. COLD and rainy. Will summer ever arrive?
Kristin said…
Carrie, I'm totally laughing with you at this post. I really can hear Gary talking about the gross onion smell (which I'm sure permeates the entire house). I will tell you, those onion rings look amazing!
Dawling Dorothy said…
Just remember, Isaiah, when you win your first green jacket who helped
Dawling Dorothy said…
I think all those pictures would win a prize. You are doing good at cropping.
Dawling Dorothy said…
Hi! Did you tell your mom I would help her ride herd on those 3 dawling
children
sounds like a great weekend of making memories.... However, Gary as far as horping goes??? what kind of word is that? Why didn't any tell me that after 3 kids I won't be able to jump on a trampeline???

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived