Texas, Tadpole and Ticks

How do these go together?? All part of my day. Gary left at 3:30am for Austin, Texas and will get home late on Friday. He said it was 98 degrees today, I can't imagine. We had clouds, rain, and wind, typical Upland weather.

We have a pet. I have to admit I do like a random pet every now and then. (You will NEVER hear of the Ross family getting a dog. We may try an outdoor kitten someday, but I worry about feeding every stray cat around.) I enjoyed the ant farm we had for a few weeks until Noah dropped it and the tunnels caved in. It was a tragic earthquake in the ant world and the death toll was high, it actually wiped out the colony and we haven't attempted it again. I was extremely intrigued with the ants though. I also surprisingly enjoyed the gecko we watched for a few weeks. I was nervous about by the whole idea, appointing Gary in charge of the feeding of Mac, the gecko. After a few days, I found myself going to the pet store to buy Mac crickets and calling Amy to see why Mac wasn't as active during the day. As I explained Mac's activity levels to Amy she replied, "Well, you know geckos are nocturnal." Duh, I really didn't ever think about it. I did enjoy watching Mac and the kids loved him. All this to say, Amanda and Caleb sent Noah "Grow a Frog" in the mail. Noah journaled about it for school today so I will share his words: It really sums it all up.



I got a new tadpole for my birthday. It came from my friend, Caleb. We just got his tank ready today. First, we put a plant in the tank, Second, we put in the blue sand. Third, we dumped the tadpole in it. Fourth, we fed him. We have to feed him once a day until he grows front arms. I'm excited to have a new pet.

Today was also the first day I found a tick on one of my children. Noah and I were sitting at the kitchen table working on school and as he was doing a page, I was noticing the wax build up in Noah's ear. Disgusting, but what happened to be more disgusting was the tick that was tucked up in the top of his ear. I about freaked but tried to say calm. Kristin finds ticks on Conner and Hayden occasionally from the woods and the field out back but I personally had never found one on Noah. It was fine, it just made me wonder how long it had been there, he did have a bath last night and it wasn't buried down in his ear. Yuck!!

So there you go, the reason for my title choice and a little piece of my day.

Comments

Shoot, gross and disgusting. That's all I have to say!
gary ross said…
Hey babe,

man, a tick. sounds like a crazy day.
Anonymous said…
I hope you never get tired of blogging. AR

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived