Butterflies, Business and China

Logan has a new love, catching butterflies, although she has the desire and excitement, her hand eye coordination is lacking. She swings the net in the air, looks inside and says, "still empty." When she realized that mom has quite the determination to catch butterflies for her precious daughter, she cheers me on yelling, "I know you can do it" Once I have caught one Logan brings the bug catcher over to me but insists on calling it a drawer. So the last picture is Logan so happy to have caught a couple of butterflies.Business: I am sure many of you have heard this story but this is my journal so I want to always remember it years from now. A year or two?? I don't even remember now Noah and Logan were taking a bath together. I was close by and I heard this conversation:

Noah: "Logan, don't touch that, it's none of your business."

Logan: "I know Noah, this is my business" as she proceeds to stand up in the bathtub and point to her private part.

I was laughing so hard and from then on we have always referred to our private parts as "business". Noah had already been taught the proper name for his private area but this was the first name Logan used to refer to her private area. What is so funny is when the word business is used normally in context and Logan hears it, she scrunches up her face and says, "BUSINESS, why are they talkin bout business?" It is too funny. Anyway, over time I have told Logan during a bath that we can still call her area business but I have told her the correct term for her feminine part.

All this had to be mentioned because this morning, Noah and Logan were tussling/kicking around in my bed just playing while I was getting ready for the day. All the sudden I hear Logan say, "Mom, Noah just kicked me in China." At first I didn't know what she meant and then Noah was laughing because he completely knew what she meant. I guess I need to enunciate clearer next time I go over the other name for her "business."

Comments

dezandheath said…
That is classic. I never get tired of hearing that story!
Kristin said…
That is hilarious. What a great blog entry. I'll be interested to hear Logan's version of the birds and the bees someday. :)
Dara said…
WAY TOO FUNNY!! Thanks for sharing!
The Tigerts said…
That is so funny, carrie. I love reading about yor life with your kiddos. thanks for staying on it. WE love you guys!

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived