Sleepover

Tonight Noah had his best friend Conner Raikes sleep over. These boys are so funny together. Many times the minute Noah comes in the house from spending the afternoon with Conner at school he asks if Conner can come over. (in a desperate way like they haven't seen each others in days). Today we picked Conner up for swimming lessons and the boys spent the entire morning together. They reunited at our house at 6 pm to play Lego Star Wars before heading to the ball field for a game. After playing their game, eating snow cones, taking showers (together I might add) they still weren't an ounce sick of each other. These pictures were taken about 9:30 as I tucked them to bed and Gary made them giggle with his wonderful stories. Noah told Conner, "My dad tells the best stories!!" I agree Noah! We are all looking forward to homemade doughnuts in the morning. Although I will most likely have to wake the boys up, feed them half asleep and get them loaded up to go to swimming lessons. They had a late night, I could still hear them laughing and talking at 10:20. They were discussing how to sleep, Noah wanting a little light, or pitch black like Conner would prefer. When I checked on them before settling in, it seemed Noah had won or persuaded Conner in his favor because there was a little light on.
I LOVE this picture!! As soon as I told Conner I wanted to take their picture he hugged Noah. Noah's face is genuinely having a blast. I don't know what made me go back and look but I this was the first picture I came across of Conner and Noah from their "younger years". They are very different boys but somehow it just works. They know their differences and appreciate each other. We love Conner and it is fun to think about how long these boys have been friends. Below: Conner is 4 and Noah is 3. It was taken during baseball season of 2oo4 when Mark and Gary were still coaching Taylor baseball. I still remember this day at St. Francis up in Ft. Wayne.

Comments

Kristin said…
I love this and Conner loves Noah. I can't imagine life without them as buddies.

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived