Taylor Lake
I have to admit that I am a self proclaimed lake snob. I am spoiled having spent the last 14 years going to Gary's parent's cottage on Lake Charlevoix (a crystal clear lake) and have truly remained quite stubborn about NOT going to Taylor Lake, that is until today. It was way hot out and we had no plans. I can count on one hand how many times I have been there in the six years I have lived here. Actually I could probably count with 1 finger, I can only recall one previous visit and goose poop rules that memory. Hence, the reason for me not returning. Well this year all I have heard from quite a few people is how clean the lake is, how they have fired guns off to scare the geese away and that Taylor lake is a hidden treasure. But along with all of these positives remains the fact that the fish still nibble at you when your in the water. Yuck! Well, if it isn't obvious from my little girl's face, Logan had the time of her life and we are planning to return tomorrow. We had an amazing three hours and the kids were so fun to watch. Logan was hilarious. We resurrected the duck floatie from last year and after a few minutes in the water she took the life jacket off and wanted to kick with her duck. Goggles were the new swim accessory of the day and Logan was faithful about lowering them over her eyes when she reached the spot she was going to start kicking from. Then once she reached the dock, her destination, she would stand up, raise her goggles to her forehead and look to me for a big cheer. (The entire time her head/eyes came NO WHERE near the water)


Noah's activities included throwing a football with Gabe, catching fish with Conner and Hayden, climbing trees, peddling the paddle boat and swimming. He was eager to take the swim test but found it long. He chose to doggie paddle more than swim, which tired him out quicker. I found out tonight that it "freaked him out" to put his face in because of the huge fish in the water. I completely understand!! Isaiah was with us for about an hour and loved walking in and out of the water. Gary picked him up at his lunch hour to take Isaiah home for a nap.



A stolen moment to sit and grab a quick snack while everyone seemed content and busy. Taylor Lake is a hidden treasure. For the first two of our three hours it was just us with our kids. What a great day!!
Comments