What are the Chances?

I spent a couple of hours this morning at Beth's house helping her paint trim in Gabe's room getting ready for her possible TV debut. When I arrived, Beth was talking to one of Pete's football players from Taylor's team, I introduced myself and headed up stairs to paint. A while later, Beth was telling me how Ty, the football player I had just met, reminded her of Pete so I asked his last name. Needler. I then wondered if he was related to a Mrs. Needler who I taught third grade with my very first year of teaching at Sweetser Elementary. Ty made his way upstairs to say goodbye to Beth and I thought I would ask if he was related to her. Immediately, Ty knew who I was talking about and said no he was not related. As I explained I was curious about her because I taught third grade at Sweetser one year before I was married and she was the other teacher. Ty paused and then said, "I think I had you for third grade." WHAT????? He said I looked familiar but I had introduced myself as Carrie Ross, obviously. Yes, I was his teacher, Miss Pigott. He then started talking about paper mache (spelling?) and dinosaur eggs we made and how he had to report on the jaw of a certain dinosaur. He remembered getting in trouble and how the room was set up in a U shape. He asked if my husband was the guy who went to Africa (Honduras). I was in shock. Ty Needler, I stood there looking at this guy, who will be a senior at Taylor but I was seeing his face as a third grader. We both pulled out names of others in my class and I am still in shock. Shocked that I actually reconnected with him and shocked the first students I taught will be graduating college this next year. I am old. Wow, there is no denying that fact. I knew Ty Needler when he was a year older than Noah, I will blink and Noah will be standing in front of me as a senior in college. What a thought. I hope to see Ty again at the Demorest's and I will have my picture taken with him to post with this entry. What a surprise, I still can't believe it. Dad Ross, I understand now how you must of felt when we reconnected you with Dez. Very fun!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived