Press On Toward the Goal

Noah past the swim test at Taylor Lake. I am very proud of his determination (wonder where he gets it?? See previous post titled Determination for the answer.) About a week and a half ago Noah attempted the swim test on a Thursday, didn't pass. Friday, we happened to be at the lake again so Noah tried again, getting a bit farther but struggled. Now, a week has past and Noah spent two days in the pool at my mom's practicing for the test. He really wanted to pass, and he reached his goal this afternoon!!! I have been studying in my devotions about pressing on. Philippians 3:13-14 says "Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." My son has encouraged me today and been an example of pressing on toward a goal. I am at a place where I want more of Jesus and need more of Him daily. Carving out time with him in my day is my desire but I need to want it as much a Noah wanted to pass that test.(Or as much as he wants to get better at golf) I need to work at it every chance I get, press on and STRAIN toward what is ahead. I know God will be faithful in meeting me everyday, I just need to be still and sit at his feet. Thank you Noah for your drive, passion and determination, I pray that God will use these strengths in your life to love him more and more each day and press on to live for Jesus in all you do and say. I love you Buddy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived