Soccer Season is Here

Logan had her first soccer practice today and it was all I could do to stop smiling. Logan spent the third year of her life saying, "when I turn 4, I can play soccer." She has gone to soccer games pre-birth and today was FINALLY her day to shine. She laced up her cleats at 2:00, practice beginning at 4:30 and was in uniform, head to toe in Noah's old stuff from when he was four. She was SOO excited and loved every minute. During practice she would look over to me and shout, "Look mom, I'm playing soccer." She has spent her life cheering for Gary's team and Noah's team, now it was her turn and she didn't care that it was only practice, in her mind, it was the World Cup finals. Her uniform is purple and yellow, so of course I am so excited for her to wear it to Taylor's games. After practice we talked to her coach, who also happened to coach Noah a few years ago. He was amazed at how talkative Logan was and he thought it was funny how she would tell him, "I'm getting tired, Boy, I'm sweaty, " Surprise, surprise, another verbal Ross child. Logan's team name is McDonald's, Logan's absolute favorite restaurant. It only seemed fit that we take her to McDonald's for dinner to celebrate her soccer career beginning. Cheeseburgers are top on her list of things to eat and she got a BIG ice cream cone. The smile on her face was priceless and as I type she is sleeping in her jersey. I can't wait to see her in her first game. I am a proud mommy.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go ahead...describe the Ross family. Would "sports enthusiasts" cover it? You go, girl! Grammy and Grampa are proud too. AR
Traci said…
I think we said, "Go McDonalds!" for the first 15 minutes we were home last night. Even Lydia was joining in the chants.

I hope last night's fun is a glimpse into the rest of the season.
dezandheath said…
Sounds like a fun team! We'll have to come by and cheer sometime!
Cute. I'll be joining you in two weeks with three boys in soccer, totaling five days per week

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived