The Fort Wayne Zoo

Today was packed full of family fun. Gary had an appointment in Fort Wayne at a soccer store for his camp next week so I invited the rest of us along and made a big day of it. Gary seemed thrilled, not so much. We took care of business and went to eat at Chuckee Cheese right next door to the soccer store. Then drove all of a mile to the Fort Wayne Zoo for the afternoon. There are many "ride" options for the kids but Logan always chooses the pony ride. I was excited to have Gary with us so I could take Isaiah for his first ride and the other two weren't left as waifs. (Mom, are you impressed? Is that even right?) Isaiah is my horse lover, a bit obsessed but this obsession is fading and is focusing on golf balls. Side note, on the way to the zoo, Isaiah sat in his car seat longing for a golf ball saying, "I wan golf ball, I wan golf ball" over and over. Gary is quite proud to say the least. When Isaiah's big moment arrived he chickened out, only loving horses from a distance as the picture below shows. So Noah received a bonus ride and used his brother's tokens for a ride on Horse, a big one.Noah was completely allergic and sneezing by the end of his ride but seemed to enjoy it. The goats are always a highlight because we can brush them and feed them. Gary still talks about the last time I took him to this zoo, I was newly pregnant with Logan, (Gary just loves the zoo) the goats were aggressive and eating Noah's hat. The goats are a lot smaller now but we missed feeding time. It was still a lot of fun to pet them. Again, Noah was itchy and sneezing by the end of it, poor guy.We had a great day, I love Gary being with us to experience the things I usually do with the kids on my own. Gary loved the turtles because they were walking around. The kids think it is all great but always enjoy playing in the water at the end of our visit and changing into dry clothes once we reach the car.

Comments

Amanda Greene said…
You are such a good blogger. :) You inspire me in more ways than one.
Looking forward to seeing you soon...it's been too long.
Traci said…
Thanks for the hint about dry clothes when I visit the zoo on Thursday!
Kristin said…
What a fun family day.

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived