Thank You Very MULCH!!

This title may be a little cheesy but I thought it was funny. Due to my boycott of flowers and gardening, Gary stepped up and decided we needed to re mulch the front landscape. I went shopping Friday night and he headed to Lowe's with the three kids to buy bags and bags of mulch. On Saturday, he didn't let the rain slow him down and he had a big helper. Isaiah is all about mulch, dirt and tools. Gary finished the job Sunday afternoon and I am very thankful to have a beautifully mulched landscape. Thank you Gary for all your hard work, you really did a great job.
Today Gary insisted on installing a new garbage disposal. The motor had burnt out and Gary was up for the challenge. I was a bit leery and advised him to call Mark Raikes who I knew had installed one. I offered to go to Lowe's to buy the disposal and before I could get into the store, Gary was calling my cell to let me know he had the old one detached and the was waiting on my quick return to finish the task. I past off the new disposal and headed to the bathroom to bathe the kids, I wanted to be no where around. About 45 minutes later, we had a new and working garbage disposal. Gary was beaming with pride in the humblest of ways. I think he even surprised himself a bit. Thank you again Gary for being determined to accomplish this task and save us some bucks in the process. You are one step closer to becoming "handy." I mean that in a loving way, knowing God has gifted you greatly in other areas and knowing you are very eager and open to learning Mr. Fix it types of things. I love you.

Comments

Kristin said…
I love the title-very creative! Way to go Gary.
dezandheath said…
This is great news because our garbage disposal quit about 2 weeks ago. Does Gary want to get another step closer to handy?
Amanda Greene said…
i'm keeping up w/ you on your blog. fun to read about summer for you guys. sorry you haven't heard from me via blog or a phone call. crazy buys w/ my parents here...birthdays galore. i will call/blog soon.
a.
Seriously, very impressive!!! Tell Gary to watch out-it is a great responsibility to be known as "handy" =)

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived