A Favorite Memory


We just returned home from reliving one of my weekly "traditions" in the summer.  Every Thursday night, our family and my parents best friends would meet at the band shell in downtown Wheaton and we would lay our blankets out, dance to the big band music, catch lighting bugs and sometimes fall asleep.  Tonight we did all of that and more.  We had a picnic, walked to the popcorn shop/candy store, and settled in for the concert under blankets.  It got quite chilly.  Isaiah was the biggest fan of the evening, dancing to the music and signing more whenever it would stop.  Noah hated waiting for the concert to begin saying, "I'd rather spend two days in jail than be at this concert."  to which I wanted to smack him for having a bad attitude (you can see his excitement in the pictures) as I relived one of my favorite memories. Noah's comment provided Gary with the biggest laugh of the evening.  (Gary is warping my child and insists Noah said that to try and make us laugh.) And Logan enjoyed the popcorn and got Grandma to buy her M&M's before falling asleep in Gary's lap.  It was a wonderful concert and I look forward to the parade and fireworks tomorrow.

Comments

Kristin said…
What great memories. It looks like a blast (well, maybe not from Noah's point of view :)

Popular posts from this blog

What's to come?. . .Future phone calls

Captured

Baseball Season has Arrived